Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Infographics Are More Than Just Pretty Pictures: Part 1

Infographics Are More Than Just Pretty Pictures: 

How Your Law Firm Can Use Them for Marketing, Education, and Persuasion



I've taken a hatchet to one of my favorite infographics. 

My massive opus, "Infographics for the Legal Profession: An Introduction, Part One," is too long. In my zeal to explain to my legal colleagues why infographics can be an important part of an arsenal of communications tools, I packed too much information into a single graphic.

Now, in more manageable bits, I explain how infographics are more than just pleasing visuals or a passing fad. Their effectiveness is backed by solid neuroscience, and they are as old as human history.

"Infographics" is short for "information graphics."


The human brain -- bombarded by massive amounts of information -- ignores most of it. The key is to make sure your information gets through.



Infographics get through to the brain. Stay tuned for Part 2 to find out why.

No comments:

Post a Comment